Friday 12 September 2014

Drag Quain

Following on from my last post, I decided to once more subject Deebs to my make up experimentation. I also bought prittstick which worked well on the eyebrows, although you do have to be careful that it doesn't clump and that you wait for it to dry properly between coats.

I decided to us his fair skin to create a similarly gothic look to the previous post. I also used the stencil technique to help contour the cheekbones and temples.

The most challenging parts were hiding the stubble/sideburns and softening the face.











As you can see, the sideburns are prominent. However I wanted to show the stenciling of the darker contour colours. Basically I used the edge of a piece of paper across the temples and cheekbones then applied layers of darker colours and blush, creating a defined edge.




This all stems from watching a lot of RuPaul's Drag Race, and I thank Deebs for allowing me to do these things to him.




No comments:

Post a Comment